Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nights, DayCare and Fully Trained by 18 months

Millie is now 2 years old (last week!) and I just realized that I never really finished this story. She has been fully potty trained since she was 18 months old and it has been months since her last accident. It truely was a success!

After about a month of her being dry during the day, her daycare permitted her to wear her underwear instead of pull-ups. This was a great step!

Approximately 6 weeks after she was dry during the day, we started to work on nights. We got rid of the pull-ups completely. For about a week, she had an accident in her bed every 2nd night (yep, we get up and change the sheets), but after the week or so, she learned seemed to learn that she could not pee in her bed if she wanted to be dry. She then learned to wake up and ask to pee.

Now at age 2, she sleeps from 8pm until 7am without getting up to pee! Full nights!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I am attempting to train our 18 month old daughter. After training my son recently at 33 months, I figured I might as well keep on going with daughter. I have several friends who swear kids aren't ready until they are three. Yes, my son was really easy to train once I got serious about it, but really...how many diapers and laundry can I save by training my youngest over a year sooner? My sister-in-law had her youngest trained by 19 months, and we also have friends with 3 kids, and the OLDEST any of them were was 19 months. I am going to do this. Even if it takes 3 weeks or a month, still better than doing diapers for another year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. Thank you for sharing too! It is important that parents are at least aware that it is very possible to potty train between 12-18 months. Determination is important! BTW, how is it going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing this. it is a really useful one. We need to spend time with her and make her do potty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for posting!

    My daughter is going to be 18 mos on Friday. When she was 11.5 mos, she started walking and I immediately got her a potty. She’s sat on it many times and plays with her bath toys…sometimes she’d sit naked but that was usually a battle. I did manage to get a couple of poops and couple drops of pee out of her but not usually without a fight.

    Yesterday, she saw Minnie panties. I bought them for her and told her that she had to do her pee pee and poopies in the potty all the time before she could wear them. TODAY, she said pee pee and went to the bathroom and sat on her potty naked with no fight (well, a little one at first). Then she peed 2 drops, said pee, pee, stood up and looked - so she felt it! Then about 10 mins later, she said pee pee and went to the bathroom again and this time sat down and peed a whole puddle. Both times I made such a big deal and called her Dada and told him how he has to also….Hoping tomorrow goes as well!

    Our goal? A cruise in May…if she is potty trained, she can go into the pools! I was trained at 14 months and I know that she can do this….I planned on starting this next week when I didn’t have anything planned but she started it on her own today…wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. for a girl I like her to take as long as poss to train, I just love pulling down her pull up or panties and touching her pussy, get real close to watch the pee come out then lick her clean

    ReplyDelete