Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Conclusion

Overall, potty training was much harder than I thought it would be, but I don't think it is easy no matter when you start. There are so many 3 and 4 year olds still in pull-ups that it is evidence that waiting until later is not necessarily best, nor any easier.

I strongly believe that between 12 and 18 months is the best time. By this age, the child is mature enough to learn the concept, but not quiet at the stage where he is rebelling. Our parents were all potty trained by 12 months. Pampers and Huggies want us to think it is impossible. Millie and I have just proved them wrong. Way to go Millie!

If you have started, keep trying! It is not something that happens over night (3 weeks for us) and successes will slowly come. Millie is so happy and proud of her ability to go in her potty.

Every accident was worth it to get to this point.

2 comments:

  1. again, thanks for posting....I completely agree....12-18 mos is the perfect time. and I also believe that the diapers companies are making loads of money off people waiting...I want to get this done now - I believe the frustration will be worth it...its either now or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome... when she sits on her highchair... did you ever have to catch her pee on it? I'm thinking about doing this, but so nervous about how much work it's going to be!

    ReplyDelete