Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Step Three - Do the Laundry

In the afternoon of the first day, I introduced the "big girl underwear". I told Millie that now that she is a big girl, that she will be wearing big girl underwear instead of diapers and that she will now have to do her pees and poos in the potty. I don't think she understood this, but we repeated it many times a day and now (2 weeks later) she understands perfectly!

When I put the underwear on her, I took her hand and showed her how nice and dry they were. I told her that she must try to keep them dry.

SIDE NOTE: We still decided to use pull-ups for nights and for when we were outside of the home. I don't think she really knew the difference since they go on the same way.

Back to the first day. We continue the potty time and observation time. Now, when Millie peed the underwear would obviously be soaked. This time I would say pretend to be discusted and say "Oh, Millie...yuck, wet underwear. Yuck, Millie". I showed her they were wet. Changed her without saying anything else and put on dry underwear. I would again show her how nice and dry her underwear were. Periodically, through out the day, I would touch her underwear with her hand and say "Wow Millie! Nice dry Underwear. You are doing a good job keeping them dry."

During the nights, we put on a pull-up.

Onto Step Four...

No comments:

Post a Comment